Sunday, July 17, 2011

Why social media is important for your business

These days the old ways of doing business still work (telephone, email, face-to-face meetings), but if you want to shake things up a bit, add social media to your marketing mix!

I recently launched a website in memory of Jim Morrison (www.jimmorrisonproject.com). During its year under development, I created social media profiles to help create a buzz:

  • Twitter - summer 2010 - 2,973 followers
  • Facebook - fall 2010 - 485 followers
  • Tumblr - spring 2011 - 29 followers

When I launched my site on July 3, the 40th anniversary of Jim Morrison's death, my social media marketing efforts paid off as my site received 995 visitors on its first day!!

That is why I think social media is important for your business.

No comments:

Post a Comment