Monday, July 18, 2011

Why is Casey Anthony so intriguing?

Upon her release from jail yesterday, I vowed that I had given Casey Anthony enough of my time, but today she continues to intrigues me.

Although I did not start following her case until the end of the first week of her infamous trial, I quickly became addicted to the soap opera surrounding Casey, her friends and family. It was like a drug--I couldn't get enough.

Each morning (including Saturdays), I made a point to awaken early to catch testimony from her trial, followed by endless hours after court was adjourned to listen to the talking heads on HLN--Vinnie Politan, Jane Valez Mitchell, Nancy Grace, Dr. Drew and Joy Behar (who you couldn't pay me to watch before the trial)--opine the day's happenings.

The Casey Anthony trial was better than any reality show on TV! I found it amazing how a small, obscure family from Orlando was dissected under the microscope. The lawyers and pundits called the Anthonys dysfunctional, but I saw them not that different from other American families, except for the sociopathic daughter who manipulated and connived them with her outrageous lies and criminal activities. An expert liar, she fooled everyone!!

Like the finale of a favorite TV show, now that Casey is out of jail, we must wait for the next big story.


According to Bloomberg, HLN's coverage of the Casey Anthony trial drew its biggest audience since the network's inception in 1982.

No comments:

Post a Comment