Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Being on Film

When I was a freshman in college, I was afraid to speak in public. Making that first round of introductions in the classroom was a very stressful experience. I actually dropped classes where making a presentation was part of the syllabus. But it didn't take long to see that getting up in front of the class was inevitable if I ever wanted to graduate, so I bit the bullet and faced my fear.

As they say, practice makes perfect... After awhile, speaking in public didn't feel so scary, and in time, I actually began to enjoy it!

Yesterday, I started my first class at #SMACAD. One of my assignments for next week is to create an introductory video to post on YouTube. Yikes! Unlike my younger years, I have no intention of dropping the class, because of my fear of videotaping myself for the world to see. No, I'm going to bite the bullet and make that video, and the funny thing is my fear is filled with excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment